If you’re looking for movers and packers in Auckland, you need to remember they aren’t all created equal. Finding the best movers and packers in Auckland means doing a bit of research.
Finding the right company can be tricky, which is why we’ve made this handy guide to point you in the right direction and help you find a moving company that meets your needs.
What Moving Services to Look For
With a glut of movers and packers in Auckland, the best way to start your comparison is by pinpointing which services you need most and which you can do without.
The best professional movers and packers offer some or all of:
- Packing your belongings—this service goes a long way to ensuring a less stressful move. Movers will pack all your items carefully, wrapping them and making sure your fragile items arrive safely. Great movers can unpack your belongings too.
- Supplying packing materials—even if you pack your own belongings, a professional moving company should be able to supply you with good quality, reinforced boxes, packing tape, wrapping materials, and more.
- Wrapping your furniture—regardless of whether your furniture is old or new, without carefully wrapping it in plastic and heavy-duty foam you risk scratches and dents.
- Creating an inventory—a good moving company will create an inventory of your belongings as they pack to ensure that nothing gets left behind and unpacking later is easier too.
- Loading and offloading your belongings—loading your belongings into a truck can not only be back breaking, it also requires equipment and experience to ensure the safety of your items.
- Transporting your belongings safely—your belongings also need to arrive safely; professional moving companies have experienced truck drivers and reliable trucks.
- Storing your belongings—in the event there is a delay or you don’t have enough space in your new home for all of your belongings, your moving company should be able to store your belongings in a safe and secure storage facility.
- Offering moving insurance—it’s a hassle to use several service providers to move to a new house; ask your moving company if they offer moving insurance in the unlikely event of accidental loss or damage.
- Planning international moves—more stressful still is an international move. The best moving companies have global industry accreditation and can move your belongings via sea or air freight.
- Moving large vehicles and awkward items—be it a pet, a piano or a yacht, a good moving company can handle it all.
- Clear communication—professional movers with pride in their work will be attentive and communicate with you, their staff and partners clearly for added peace-of-mind.
Don’t book the first mover you find because of the friendly voice on the other end of the phone; make sure they offer everything you need. Check out their reviews online and double check your quote for a clear breakdown of the services you want and the cost.
The best movers and packers in Auckland will safeguard your belongings and offer an efficient, stress-free move.