An Important Covid-19 Update From New Zealand Movers
The safety and well-being of all our NZ Movers staff and customers is always our priority. Due to the current impact of Covid-19 in New Zealand, the isolation protocols, and circumstances beyond our control some aspects of our scheduled moving service may be affected.
In some instances, customers may experience delays in communication and relocation services. Please be rest assured our team is doing everything possible to alleviate the impact of service to your moving requirements. We ask for you to please be patient with our staff at this difficult time.
New Zealand Movers will be continuously monitoring the coronavirus situation and will follow any governmental advice and take the necessary steps to protect everyone from further spreading of the virus.
Covid-19 Protection Framework
Effective from Friday 3rd December 2021 New Zealand moved to the new Covid-19 Protection Framework ‘Traffic Light System’ minimising the impact of COVID-19 through three settings — Red, Orange and Green. Click here to see the COVID-19 Protection Framework summary.
All of Aotearoa is in Orange. Under strict Government regulations New Zealand Movers continue to provide complete removal services.
Our friendly sales team are here to assist you with your quote requests. We can provide virtual video surveys utilising the latest industry technology. Click here to request an obligation free moving quote.
COVID-19 Update International Travel
New Zealand Movers is excited to welcome you to Aotearoa!
The following people can enter New Zealand now from anywhere in the world and self-test on arrival.
- Vaccinated and unvaccinated New Zealand citizens.
- Vaccinated New Zealand residents.
- Vaccinated Australian citizens and permanent residents.
- Current temporary work and student visa holders, with a valid visa who can still meet their visa requirements – this includes both visa holders currently offshore, and those in New Zealand who choose to travel overseas and wish to return.
- Up to 5,000 international students, for semester 2.
- Vaccinated travellers with a border exception.
- Vaccinated travellers on a working holiday scheme.
- Other vaccinated eligible travellers under current border settings.
The following vaccinated people can enter New Zealand and self-test on arrival:
- Visitors from countries who do not need a visa (visa waiver visitors)
- Visitors from other countries who already hold a valid visitor visa
From July 2022
- Vaccinated travellers arriving under the Accredited Employer Work Visa categories can enter New Zealand and self-test on arrival.
From October 2022
- All visa categories will reopen, including visitor and student visas.
For more information about the New Zealand borders opening click here.
COVID-19 Moving Services
New Zealand Movers have contingency plans in place to meet the covid-19 challenges of cancelled sailings, sudden lockdowns, freight bottlenecks and material shortages. In the event of cancelled international sailings, we can re-book either groupage or sole use containers shipments.
Within New Zealand we have increased and upgraded our fleet of removal trucks and trailers. There is no reliance on any other organisation to get our customers effects to their new home. Our Operational staff are fully equipped with PPE equipment and safety guidelines.
Our priority is to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers, and we have implemented steps to protect everyone from further spreading of the virus. Following the government guidance as we monitor this developing situation, we ask for you to please be patient with our staff.
We remain committed to providing you with our fantastic New Zealand Movers service.
We look forward to being of assistance with your relocation. Stay safe!
The New Zealand Movers team